COVID-19 Updates for Michigan Tobacco Tax
- Tobacco Tax monthly filing and payments are due the 20th of each month.
- Call center services: Available.
- Call center services are available from 8:00am to 4:45pm (Monday – Friday).
- Online services: Available.
- MiMATS users should continue to use the .
- For general questions, please email Treas_tobaccotaxes@michigan.gov.
- View the Treasury COVID-19 page for additional information.
- It's A Crime!
It's a crime to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products by mail, over the Internet, or in any other way unless the seller is properly licensed by the State of Michigan and each cigarette pack is affixed with a Michigan tobacco stamp. Violations are punishable by up to five years imprisonment, along with seizures of assets from anyone possessing illegally purchased cigarettes.