Direct Access to Driving and Vehicle Records
What is Direct Access?
The Michigan Department of State provides Direct Access as a service for commercial users to obtain driver, vehicle, mobile home, and recreational vehicle records under specified conditions. Records cost $11.00 for each record accessed. A monthly bill is sent for all records requested. Currently, there are no other charges for the Direct Access service.
Under this program, a computer at your location will be able to access specific Michigan Department of State records through the Internet whenever a record is needed. The computer will be able to immediately receive current ownership information on a Michigan titled or registered vehicle if this is the type of information approved for access. In addition, if you are authorized to access driving records, these searches may be submitted via the computer. A booklet describing Terminal Security and Access/Response Capabilities will be supplied during the final connection process.
What type of connection do I need?
You must have a computer capable of accessing the Internet. As technology continues to change, it is anticipated that other connectivity methods will become available. Direct Access users are responsible for hardware, software, or Internet service provider fees.
What do I need to sign up for this service?
Xổ số trực tiếp thành phốThe Michigan Department of State provides all the necessary forms and information to establish this service. Simply submit the following documents:
- A letter of application, which explains the reasons for needing to obtain records and the type of record, either driving or vehicle.
- An “Information Purchaser” Surety Bond in the amount of $25,000. No other bond may be substituted for this requirement.
- A signed agreement, which establishes the terms and conditions under which records may be obtained. Within the agreement, select all permissible purposes that show your business purpose complies with Driver Privacy Protection laws.
- An “Access Request Form” for each person who needs to have access (copy the form provided as needed).
- A Michigan Department of State Account number for billing purposes only.
Obtaining records for a purpose other than those permitted by law is a felony violation, which may be punishable by imprisonment of up to 15 years, a fine up to $15,000, or both.
Who do I contact to obtain Direct Access?
Apply for the Direct Access Program on under Direct Access and List Sales Services. If you have any questions about the application process or the program itself, please email: CommercialServices@Michigan.gov.