The State of Michigan is working with the National Center for Environmental Health, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) and additional partners to better understand how PFAS might affect people’s health.
Xổ số trực tiếp thành phốScientists are still learning about the health effects of exposures to mixtures of PFAS. Although more research is needed, some studies in people have shown that certain PFAS may:
- Lower a woman’s chance of getting pregnant
- Increase the chance of high blood pressure in pregnant women
- Increase the chance of thyroid disease
- Increase cholesterol levels
- Change immune response
- Increase the chance of cancer, especially kidney and testicular cancers